Thursday, August 11, 2005

memories...

i don't know who has heard of this song before. it is an old and simple song, but beautiful and meaningful. its a sweet song. probably can make it dramatic... haha...

Make Me Like You
written by Jimmy and Carol Owens
(1978)

Lord make me like You
please make me like You
You are a servant, make me one too
Oh Lord I am willing
do what You must do
to make me like You Lord
please make me like You

i remember it was my mother that taught me this song long time ago. of course i mentioned that it sounds like an old song. but it brings back memories of home and how it was back home. church, school, sports, home.

brought up in a school that encourages excellence and being all-rounder, and its a boys school, you can imagine the ego that is oozing and overflowing. what is it then to be a servant?
when i became a prefect, you are a student leader. i wouldn't say that i was a good prefect to start with. i had a lot to learn. it was my first time and i tried my best. eventually (thanks to my other friends) i caught the pace and example. but i remember how hard it was for the other prefects, to see me being a servant to the students. leading and maintaining discipline, but also serving.

i've sidetracked many times these past 2 weeks. but am healing and finding ground again.

No comments: