Thursday, May 31, 2007

of songs and memories...

as my work is a sit-in-front-of-comp type of work, having some music helps. somehow, i just thought of going through the hillsongs and bring some selected few to work. more of my favourites and they really refreshed me.
and it was at work that i realised, hey, somehow there was a link to why these songs were taken 'subconsciously' (i just see the title and grab a few). it is something like, the songs are a part of me. hmm, okayy, a bit dramatic. but something like that. the lyrics played its part in its respective times that i knew the songs.

1) one of the main songs for Convention 2003 in Tasmania (campsite was in Ulverstone). i remember the convention very well. the theme was 'Heaven's Mandate, Earth's Mission'.

To the Ends of the Earth

...And I would give the world to tell You're story
Cause I know that You've called me
I know that You've called me....

....Jesus, I believe in You
And I would go to the ends of the earth
To the ends of the earth
For You alone are the Son of God
And all the world will see
That You are God ...

2) one of the songs that brought me through year 2004. it was the year that was, um, not so good. it was hard to see God then.

Through It All

...And I look to You
And I wait on You

I'll sing to You Lord
A hymn of Love
For Your faithfulness to me
I'm carried in everlasting arms
You'll never let me go
Through it all

3) this was for about the 2nd part of 2004. also had a part 2 of a not-so-good year.

Still

... When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

4) the first song i played for the English Service in Goodwood Methodist Church. it was for the English choir to sing during the Chinese Service. only 15 in the congregation, but it is still a Church = the body of Christ.

This Kingdom

....And this Kingdom will know no end,
And it's glory shall know no bounds.
For the majesty and power
Of this Kingdom's King has come.
And this Kingdom's reign,
And this Kingdom's rule,
And this Kingdom's power and authority
Jesus, God's righteousness revealed.

5) this was the song i played bass guitar in Easter Camp 2006 for Delwin. it was the last time i served in my last Easter camp.

Emmanuel

Holy Holy
I will bow before
My Lord and King
Hallelujah
You have come to us
You make all things new

Emmanuel
Jesus Christ
You'll never let me go
My Shepherd King
You're watching over me
Emmanuel...

No comments: