Monday, August 14, 2006

past thursday to saturday...

i have to say, there is a lot to type. so many things. i'll be writing them down in the journal first.

thursday till saturday was as packed as it can be. thursday, i spent the morning packing the boxes and kind of rushing. had lunch which was greek food with handy and shelley. the afternoon was spent packing too. and had dinner with a family friend and the family. an aussie dinner to remember. at the night, spent time talking with people and also did the last of the packing much later at night.

friday morning, went to the shipping place, Baggage Masters. got 3 boxes. handy helped me. and later in OCF, played for the last time. and they wrote and presented a song to me. it was meaningful. i'll always remember. it's on wai kong's blog, though just the chorus part. thank you very much. it means a lot to me. one of the memorable farewell gifts.

saturday morning was a meeting with the landlady to do a transfer of the tenancy to arthur. took quite long, but not as long as doing the house inspection and stuff. in the afternoon, went to church for worship practise and choir practise, then went for cell group. that was my church's farewell for me. i really miss them too. its small but got to know each other much better. and the congregation has been growing. and now that i'm going home, all the more, its their time to serve, grow and glorify God.

later was a farewell at yoshimi's house (note: apologies in the highest order for those i may have missed out or didn't invite. i had to be selectful because of space constraints. i'm sorry if i missed out anyone. 6 days was challenging).
the farewell was wonderful. to see the people there, and i really wanted to express my gratitude so much. ALL of you have impacted me and blessed my life as well.

and a gift of a kolaj (no idea how to spell) of photos. thank you so much yoshimi and joannies. it really is a highlight. a precious gift. it means a lot to me also.
and to the guys, 'ha' 'ha'. very funny with the powder and Permanent marker pens. i still got a bit of scribblings left. ian's name is quite hard to scrub off. well, these things comes around. i'm going to find out the culpritS. hahaha...
thanks guys for the memories. seriously.

3 comments:

KongY said...

you're most welcome bro.

Not a common tone of mine, but I'll be praying for you =).. I have a song in recording but too big to upload. I'll figure out how one of these days:)

Love ya!

KongY said...

At the mist of studying...I don't know why but I felt like telling you something.

I miss you.

Take care brother.

The Law said...

here's the whole song:

(C)
Thank you for walking beside us.
Together through the joy and the pain.
You're a gift you will be missed.
All your words will be treasured
All you've done we'll remember
we wanna say thank you.

(V)
People come and people go
Some of whom I now don't know
You came along became a friend
Never knew the impact you'll have on me
Somehow I wasn't the only one
You left your footprints on many more.
(we wanna say..)