Sunday, December 27, 2009

3 years and 3 months...

3 years and 3 months was my duration at my workplace. it was my first job and i learnt a lot there and progressed a lot in my area. technically now, i've been well built. the banking industry is an interesting industry.

i had my last day of work on dec 22nd. it was a pretty tough ending. late nights, lots of things to tie up, lots of things to prepare. due to unfortunate circumstances at work, i couldn't do some things that i wanted to do which would help my colleagues have a faster way of doing their work. but oh well...

on the last day, was still working late cause had lots of things to do with regards to my portfolio. my mother was wondering what am i 'foolishly' doing. no one stays late towards the end of their tenure. i believe it is up for debate and how we should be reacting and working is also very subjective and depending on many factors.

i know that i have no obligation to stay late towards the end of my tenure and i have every right to leave at 5.45pm. somehow, i just feel that that is where it makes the difference. putting these last run of effort is working beyond my call of duty and anyone knows it. i know my colleagues will be in for a tough time if i do not do what i can and help what i could. what makes a good worker?

the people in the department made the place a good working place. of course, tensions and arguments exist but having an age range of about 10 years aids a lot in terms of communication and the definition of fun. i miss my colleagues.

well, old doors will have to be closed so that new doors can open.
why resign? to come in future writings...

No comments: