Wednesday, January 31, 2007

fell sick...

oh.. so i thought i was invincible and keeping a very good health record. besides the occasinal 'lau sai' (stomach ache), i have been pretty healthy. excercising and all.
so now that i fell sick, hmmm... God asking for a pause in my life. thank goodness it is a holiday tomorrow (Federal Territory Day) but i got a youth committee meeting to go to at night.

the last time i wrote was january 19. waliau.. what happened then? hmmm... let me take out my schedule. yes, i have a schedule. i can't be messy anymore, though things do crop up in the last minute. have to effectively manage my time cause its limited and also keeping and checking myself up that i do not burn out.

LIFE's a MARATHON, NOT a SPRINT.

God has been gracious that my supervisors grant me leave on the 24th and 25th of January. thus, i could spend 2 full days with the OCFers. 3 came up from singapore and so we plan out their Malaysia Tour. we really covered so many places. i'm quite amazed and the times together, brings back a lot of memories. it was tiring but great. it was a priviledge to be at ian's house and play songs of worship on the grand piano there. i truly wanted to bless the house and family and the ocfers there too.

after work on friday (26th) was my departments dinner. celebrated the january babies birthdays. it was a buffet dinner + karaoke. they are good singers and never in my life have i heard so many chinese songs at one go. seriously.

saturday 27th, i had a Vision Mission Values launch by the bank. palace of the golden horses. was there and listened to where the bank is headed. first time so its always interesting. had to use our ears and minds to filter out what is said. later on, my colleague gave me a tour of UPM where he studied. only minutes away. it is a big big uni. very big. not possible to be walking around. the uni has 12 tennis courts, many fields, their own golf course, their own swimming pool, their own stadium, 14 residential colleges and lots of buildings. i think they lack trees and maintenance. plus there are lots of low bushes everywhere.

i would be tired out by such a week. that's a glimpse of a few days. more stuff follows after lunch time after the vision mission values thing. my youth group and church on sunday.

it's kind of weird that on tuesday evening, i asked my supervisor what happens if i fall sick. i wasn't predicting my holiday but i saw this coming.

thinking back and evaluating what went wrong.
life's a marathon. not a sprint.

No comments: