Sunday, December 30, 2007

coming into november 07....

what made it saddening?
swee heh, my colleague is leaving. sighh... my team mate, my buddy, my friend, my guide. i learned a lot from him. not just foul language lah. can say that it was east meets west. (i'm the west lah). our team work was great. respecting each other. he knows that i'm not that savvy in the working world. he lives nearby and so it was taking the LRT daily. breakfast daily. talking nonsense often. serious stuff often. sharing knowledge, sharing lives. transport. meeting his wife.
why lah he had to go? job movement, of course. still keeping in touch now. our dept was close enough that we are still meeting up.

really blessed to have such an environment where we're not backstabbing. even if there is, aiyah.. just close eyes and ears and just live your own life lah....

work was getting draggy. CFA classes going. tuesday and thursday nights. very very tiring. focusing mentally was becoming a challenge. i can count football or any physical activities out. it wasn't that tough, but it was very draining and i had to fight each day, not to look depresssed or even feel depressed at work. i know my performance suffered some bits.

i finally started going for small group. Ronald's place has it on friday and the group comprises peers of young working adults. so, Danny, i know it took me a year, but i tried. and now i fulfil the promise to get a small group as fast as possible. why it took so long? that's another story that will come.

weddings were coming up. practises and rehearsals. my life would be a mess if it wasn't for the schedule that i have. this was where my killer 3 week of travels start.

on the last week of november i had a bank treasure hunt. from KL to Malacca. it was real fun. my department sent 4 teams of 4 each. i was one of the drivers. and i tell you it was stressful. after the whole event, i was having headache nonstop. i couldn't even eat properly and felt like vomitting my dinner. a late night walkabout at Jonker Street and a Satay Celup probably made it worse, but it was the 100 Plus that cured it. 2 cans of it. rehydrated my brain and body. thank you, Swee Heh.

my father came back for about 2 weeks. spent half of it in Penang where they were having the TRAC annual conference(national english speaking Methodist churches). i came back from the treasure hunt and spent a few good days with him. unfortunately i had to leave for Brunei on the 30th of Nov. for Gillian's and Delwin's wedding. to be continued in december07's edition.

1 comment:

BlurChu? said...

I suppose the December's entry would have Justin & Sher-Mayne's wedding?

Anyway, it was great to see you again then, William!

Have a great New Year and except many exciting events in 2008!~


BC?