Saturday, February 24, 2007

chinese new year...

it was chinese new year on sunday(18) and monday(19). but holidays were given for monday and tuesday. so on sunday, meet with my father's side. monday, went to seremban, met with mother's side. and then had dinner with my mother's side. tuesday was dinner with church friends that we grew up with.

i don't really know my extended family that well, what more close to them. so i do get jealous sometimes when i see friends knowing their cousins so well or having a great time with their older cousins bringing them out for trips and also teaching them a lot from their experience.

so now as i did return after so long ( i missed the past 3 chinese new year) seeing my cousins again was tougher. we did play when we were young (very young), but as we grew up, things grew apart. and seeing each other just once a year obviously contributes.
on sunday at my father's side, okay.. i chicken out lah. talk with the uncles and aunties than my cousins. (they were curious at what happened to me being MIA for a while. )

on monday, drove to seremban and this time became braver lah. and it went well. got to know them better. and my mother's side had quite a lot of "interesting" stories. can't tell here lah. but knowing such histories brings me to pray more for them.

weds, thurs and fri was pretty empty at office. it felt really weird that we were all quiet. got to know the few remaining better. went home exactly at 5.45pm.

i met up with my ex-school mates during form 1 and 2 on tuesday night. really late night. definitely was too short and we had another meet up on friday night. after dinner at KLCC, they decided to go clubbing. and i nearly got deaf again. its really spoiling the sensitivity of my hearing. wouldn't be my idea of fun. but its okay... spend time with my high school friends.

brought me a lot of thoughts as i just look at the people around me. but that's another story. i didn't want to drink nor did i know how to dance. just played a few games of pool.
my friends were not that alert after alcohol so i had to drive them back. its okay... glad to make sure they go home safely. i had wanted to remain fully alert in case such situations arose.

i was worship leading today on saturday. it was tough to rub off the clubbing stamp on my left hand. but thankfully they didn't notice the faded stamp.

No comments: